Working patternPart Time
Salaryup to £5,600 per annum
Closing date for applicationsThursday, 24 January 2019
Grantham College is looking for a Trainer Assessor to deliver and assess AAT learning to prepare our apprentices for appropriate qualifications/end point assessment. The purpose is to ensure the successful completion of Apprenticeship Frameworks/Standards.
The roles main responsibilities will be to:
- Carry out initial employer visits to ensure the workplace resources and opportunities are suitable to meet the requirements of the intended programme, keeping appropriate records
- Provide initial advice and guidance to potential candidates and employers, providing an effective induction, clearly outlining expectations and commitments of all involved
- Keep up to date with relevant changes as prescribed by awarding bodies, the Institute for Apprenticeships, the ESFA and other regulatory bodies
- Recommend which standards are to be delivered and work with college colleagues to ensure relevance to employers, consistency and quality standards are upheld
- Work with the recruitment team to review existing provision and on the development of appropriate new standards/programmes to ensure cost effectiveness and facilitate the growth of the area
- Meet internal and external quality assurance requirements, following relevant processes, using appropriate systems
- Carry out regular progress reviews with employers and apprentices, highlighting any concerns to the appropriate person immediately
- Monitor and facilitate 20% Off the Job requirement, manage and maintain apprentice data and track progress using appropriate management information systems (e.g. eportfolio)
- Create, develop and deliver appropriate training sessions in an environment which supports the personal and professional development of apprentices
- Assess objectively against published criteria and ensure apprentices and employers are prepared for the End Point Assessment process where relevant
- Take responsibility for the end to end process of your own caseload of apprentices and their progression/achievement
The successful applicant will have:
- A comprehensive knowledge of Accountancy competency based qualifications and current standards
- Relevant Assessor qualification, TAQA or equivalent
- Experience working in a business environment and evidence of continuous professional development in the sector
- Experience of assessing candidates in the workplace and tracking apprentices/learners and reporting against learning plan outcomes.
- Experience of delivering outcome focused, accredited training programmes
We can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance.
The closing date for all applications will be Thursday 24 January 2019. Interviews will be held on Monday 04 February 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.