Little Gems is a Learning Development initiative situated in the foyer of Grantham College. The retail outlet enables students from the Learning Development Centre to gain valuable work experience in a realistic retail environment.
Students are involved in the following tasks:
• Ordering stock
• Pricing & recording stock
• Sales – including using the till and card payment machine
• Working with the public, staff and other students
• Balancing the till and banking with the finance office
• Displaying products in an eye catching way
• Any other duties that increase their confidence; always with 1:1 support form staff.
Many products sold in Little Gems support Fairtrade – helping people earn a fair wage for the products that they produce.
The shop sells a wide variety of gifts & seasonal products and at certain times of the year plants & hanging baskets are sold with the plants being grown and produced by students form the Learning Development Horticulture Group.
View the Little Gems Leaflet