Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £15,797 dependent on skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsFriday, 16 August 2019
Grantham College is looking for a Brickwork Technician to provide technical and practical support services within the curriculum area.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Maintain the workshop areas such that they may be used effectively by staff and students
- Prepare materials, apparatus and equipment for student practical work, training and lecture demonstrations. Please note this may involve lifting and handling
- Co-ordinate curriculum area administrative paperwork and prepare materials for teaching, marketing and administration purposes
- Assist academic staff in accomplishing learning objectives
- Maintain accurate records and levels of equipment, materials and consumables ordering replenishment stock as necessary
- Organise and ensure effective operation and security of classrooms and workshop areas, with particular regard to hazardous and/or inflammable materials and their safe storage
- Keep areas clean, tidy and safe to ensure adequate care of health and safety
The successful applicant will have:
- A City and Guilds Crafts or NVQ Level 2 in Bricklaying
- Industry experience and up to date knowledge of the Construction industry
- A good understanding of Health and Safety issues and importance
- The ability to recognise opportunities to develop the role and oneself through staff development
We can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance.
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 16 August. Interviews to be held on Thursday 22 August.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive we will only be able to contact candidates who have been selected for interview.
For a full application pack please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.