Bank Uniformed Public Services Lecturer
Location: Grantham College Salary: Hourly paid rate of £19.53 for unqualified FE / £22.01 for qualified FE, plus holiday pay. Contract: Zero Hour Closing Date: 09/10/2022
Job Reference: PSL/09.2022
Salary: Hourly paid rate of £19.53 for unqualified FE / £22.01 for qualified FE, plus holiday pay.
Working Hours: Part time,Zero Hours Contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Uniformed Public Services Lecturer to join the College.
The purpose of the role is to demonstrate a high-quality professional practice in relation to all duties associated with the post and providing high quality teaching and learning at a variety of levels. The role is also required to contribute to the maintenance and development of the outstanding provision for learners in all its forms.
The successful applicant must have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification ideally in a subject linked to the Public Services Area
- Vocational qualification/experience
- Relevant teaching/training/assessor qualifications, or willing to work towards
- Ability to analyse information and situations and recommend ways forward
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Ability to articulate clearly and objectively via the spoken and written work
- Ability to perform under pressure
The roles main duties include:
- To undertake teaching to a high standard up to Level 3 on programmes as required in accordance with staff utilisation principles.
- To be an effective member of the team and work closely with colleagues from other areas.
- To provide general guidance to students including tutorial work, transition planning and liaising with external and partner agencies as required.
- To carry out administrative duties associated with teaching, including maintenance of registers, schemes of work, reports, and course records to a high standard and within set deadlines.
- To assist with activities related to the programmes of study (e.g. residential, work experience/placements and cross-college work) as may be required.
What we offer you in return:
- An excellent pension scheme with an Employer Contribution of 23.68%
- A continued professional development programme
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 37 days for Academic employees (Pro-Rata)
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme after one years service
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
- Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Sunday 09 October 2022.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive we will only be able to contact candidates who have been selected for interview. You are welcome to download a full application pack and return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept CV’s by way of application or online application via other websites, you must complete a Grantham College application form. Grantham College are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. All employment offers are subject to a self-funded satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The successful applicant will have a deduction of £44 taken from payroll. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and welcome applications from all sections of the community.