New Year, New You!
Whether you choose to make New Year resolutions or not, every January feels like a new beginning, ripe with possibility and opportunity.
Make 2022 your year to try something new at Grantham College and University Centre, with one of our totally FREE* digital, distance learning based courses in:
- Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing
- Digital Marketing
- IT, Networking & Infrastructure
Introduction to Cyber Security - Starting February
- Develop knowledge and understanding of cyber security in terms of threats and vulnerabilities, digital defense techniques and incident response.
- Assess types of activity and potential targets, and the role everyone has in maintaining cyber resilience.
- Learn about the nature of cyber security; roles and responsibilities in relation to information assurance; and strategic responses to digital threats.
See course information here: Introduction to Cyber Security
Introduction to Cloud Computing - Starting February
- Develop an understanding of the fundamental concepts of cloud computing.
- Learn about the issues associated with managing cloud service architecture and develop critical awareness of cloud computing-based projects.
- Acquire skills including communication literacy, critical thinking, and digital analysis.
See course information here: Introduction to Cloud Computing
Digital Marketing - Starting January
- Covering use of social media
- Different types of social media
- Creating a social media campaign
- Using social media to advertise a game
- Monitoring the effectiveness of a campaign
- Creating a posting schedule
- Creating a marketing plan
See course content here: Digital Marketing
IT, Networking & Infrastructure - Starting January
- Introduction to Cisco Packet Tracer
- Using Cisco Packet Tracer
- Cisco Packet Tracer tasks
- Network topologies and protocols
- Network standards
- Developing networks with Cisco Packet Tracer
- Identifying hardware requirements
- Using case studies
See course content here: IT, Networking & Infrastructure
Who are these courses for?
- Aged 19+
- Recently unemployed (in the past 12 months
*You must meet the above criteria to be eligible to study on one of the programmes available.
- High-quality Level 3 learning based on employer/sector in-demand skills
- Free of charge
- Flexible online learning
- Opportunities for progression
- High-quality advice, guidance and support to learners pre-enrolment, during training and post completion
To apply, contact Ellie Langton by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01476 414429