If you are aged 19 and under
If you will be under 19 as of 1 September 2021, the full time courses listed on this website will be free – there are no registration, tuition or examination fees. However, there will be a charge should you need to re-sit examinations.
If you are aged 19 and over
If you are 19 or over you may qualify for the new Advanced Learner Loan which could make starting college even easier for you. You can apply for this from May 2021 for courses starting August 2021 and onwards to help with your tuition fees. Most learners aged 19 and over, studying at Level 3 and above, will qualify for these new loans from the UK government. It is easy to apply, household income is not taken into account and there is no credit check. You will not have to pay the loan back until your income is over a certain amount. For more information please contact our Student Finance Officer on 01476 400281.
Reduce your fees
Part-time courses at Grantham College have always represented great value and there are a variety of ways in which you can reduce the cost of learning even further.
If you are in receipt of certain benefits you may be eligible for FREE or substantially reduced tuition fees on many courses run by the college. Check the list below to see if you are eligible.
To take advantage of fee concessions you will need to provide appropriate proof of entitlement when you enrol – the college cannot accept an enrolment without proof being provided. For further details, please get in touch with our friendly Student Information team on 0800 0521 577.
Fee remission categories
Learners in the following categories may be eligible for remission of tuition fees on funded courses as below:
- Learners aged 19–23 undertaking their first Full Level 2 qualification
- Learners aged 19–23 undertaking Foundation Learning (pre-Level 2) to progress to Level 2 or above
- Learners aged 19–23 undertaking their first Full Level 3 qualification
- Learners undertaking English and Maths Functional Skills including GCSE English and Maths
- Learners in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or universal credit with earning under £338 per month
- Unemployed learners in receipt of certain non-active benefits where skills training will help them into work.
- Those in receipt of a Gross Annual Salary of less than £17,004 undertaking courses at Level 2 or below
Higher Education/University Level Finance
All students paying the tuition fees can apply to Student Finance England for a Tuition Fee Loan to cover all or part of their fee. If eligible this does not have to be paid back until you have graduated and are earning over £26,528 a year.
Please enquire directly with our Student Information team on 01476 400200.
You will now be able to apply to Student Finance England for a loan to cover your tuition fees if you are studying a part-time Higher Education course; this replaces the Tuition Fee Grant.
For more information contact our Student Finance Officer on 01476 400281.
How to apply for finance
Students can apply for finance online
How much will you get?
Find out more
Note: Whilst the college has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information above, we reserve the right to make appropriate modifications without prior notice. Courses advertised are subject to withdrawal from the college programme if numbers are insufficient.