Grantham College launched the Table Tennis Academy in September 2002. This initiative, the first in the UK, allows both local and national players to take advantage of a variety of specialist training facilities at the college to improve their level of play and help them to reach their full potential within the game.
Grantham College Table Tennis Academy is known all over Britain as one of the leading places to train and study for young players, over the past 15 years there has been over 15 England Internationals and 8 home county Internationals that have lived, studied and trained here at the college. Many of these players have gone onto achieve high grades within their studies and have got into the University of their Choice to further their education. We are proud to announce that Head Coach, Gavin Evans is currently on secondment as GB Captain to the mens team and will be coaching them through the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
We have also been able to forge links with the following organizations to help enhance the training opportunities on offer to our students
- Table Tennis England
- BTTAD (British Table Tennis Athletes with a disability)
- University of Nottingham
- Nottingham Trent University
- Cliffedale Chandlers Table Tennis Club
- Sycamore Table Tennis Academy
- David Ross Education Trust
We have a sponsorship deal with Tibhar through Bribar Table Tennis which will allows us to get a variety of Table Tennis equipment at discounted prices; all members of the academy are able to use this sponsorship deal throughout their time here.
The college benefits from some fantastic facilities including a large sports hall with specialist flooring, in which the table tennis coaching takes place.
The Table Tennis Academy offers the following key benefits:
- A wide choice of fulltime courses, all leading to nationally recognised qualifications
- Access to the outstanding training facilities at the college
- Access to top-level table tennis training
- International standard coaching and sparring partners
- Opportunity to gain a UKCC Coaching qualification
- On-site residential accommodation
- Travel provided with a coach to a range of domestic competitions
- Video analysis & multiball training on a one-to-one basis
- Sports psychology and individual fitness programmes
- Junior British League teams.
Click here to view the Table Tennis flyer.
If you would like to find out more information or have any further questions then please feel free to contact one of the coaches - Gavin Evans or Natalie Green on 01476 400200.