Grantham College launched the Table Tennis Academy in September 2002. This initiative, the first in the UK, allows both local, National and International players to take advantage of a variety of specialist training facilities at the college to improve their level of play and help them to reach their full potential within the game.
Grantham College Table Tennis Academy is known all over Britain as one of the leading places to train and study for young players, over the past 15 years there has been over 20 England Internationals and 8 British Internationals that have lived, studied and trained here at the college. Many of these players have gone onto achieve extremely high grades within their studies and have got into the University of their choice to further their education.
We have also been able to forge links with the following organizations to help enhance the training opportunities on offer to our students:
- Table Tennis England
- BTTAD (British Table Tennis Athletes with a disability)
- University of Nottingham
- Nottingham Trent University
- Cliffedale Chandlers Table Tennis Club
- David Ross Education Trust
We have a sponsorship deal with Tees Sport and Butterfly through Ransome Sporting Goods, this enables our academy and its players to access the world leading equipment products at reduced prices.
The college benefits from some fantastic facilities including a large sports hall with specialist flooring, in which the table tennis coaching takes place.
The Table Tennis Academy offers the following key benefits:
- A wide choice of fulltime courses, all leading to nationally recognised qualifications
- Access to the outstanding training facilities at the college
- Access to top-level table tennis training
- International standard coaching and sparring partners
- Opportunity to gain a UKCC Coaching qualification
- On-site residential accommodation
- Travel provided with a coach to a range of domestic competitions
- Video analysis & multiball training on a one-to-one basis
- Sports psychology and individual fitness programmes
- Junior British League teams.
If you would like to find out more information or have any further questions then please feel free to contact one of the coaches – Vidal Graham or Natalie Green on 01476 400200.
View our under 16 programme leaflet based at Charles Read Academy.
Follow us on social media and see some videos of our academy in action:
Student success stories:
Danielle Kelly moved to Grantham to study, train and live in the student halls at Grantham College. She is now completing a 2-year Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport whilst training with our world-renewed Table Tennis Academy.
“The college has helped my table tennis progress so much since joining, and my results show that. Equally, the college has helped me with school and living in halls of residence where there is always someone there to help if you need it. Without the massive support team here at the Grantham College Academy I would not be as good a player I am now.”
Joseph came to Grantham College to study, train and live in the student halls at Grantham College. Joseph is currently completing the HNC Mechanical Engineering course at our University Centre Grantham College whilst training with our Table Tennis Academy.
“Grantham College Table Tennis Academy has helped me advance my skills and knowledge of the game very quickly".
Natalie Green - Performance Coach & Programme Administrator
- UKCC Level 4 Coach
- Former England Junior no. 1 player
- Represented England at World, European and Commonwealth Championships
Vidal Graham - Head Table Tennis Coach
- UKCC Level 3 Coach
- 4X British League Titles
- Coached at ITTF Talent ID Programme in Slovenia
Harry White - Table Tennis Coach & Fitness Lead
- UKCC Level 2 Coach
- SAQ Master trainer
Matej Mamut - Table Tennis Coach & Technical Lead
- Table Tennis England Coach
- Former Croatian National Team Player