We are delighted to announce we are expanding our provision through a huge investment in an Engineering and Construction Energy Centre, which will open in March 2022.
The facility comes as a direct response to an increase in demand for skilled workers within the construction and engineering sectors. The College will be buying construction and engineering training machinery, to offer 25 new courses to attract 422 new learners, to in-demand subject areas such as environmental technologies, electronic engineering, and domestic heating.
We will be offering employer-focused courses, which will provide the region with long term economic stability.
We are also re-opening our plumbing and plastering centres in September, to accompany our bricklaying, site and bench carpentry, and joinery centres, we will be offering an extensive complement of construction courses for both young people and adults. We will also be offering a full range of Part Time courses in; wall and floor tiling, plumbing, carpentry and joinery, bricklaying, painting and decorating and plastering.
New courses available from September include:
• City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Plastering - future progression to Level 2.
• City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Construction Skills – Plumbing - future progression to Level 2.
• City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies - progression to City & Guilds Level 3 in Plumbing or L3 Apprenticeship in Gas Engineering or Plumbing and Heating Technician.
• City and Guilds Level 3 in Plumbing - progression to level 4 Higher Professional Diploma into Building Services Engineering or directly into industry.
• Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship - progression directly into industry or a Technical Specialism such as Plumbing or Plastering.
• City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Sustainable Construction - progression into industry or onto Level 4 Green Deal Advisor or HNC Future Homes Design and Construction courses.
• Gas Engineering Apprenticeship – City & Guilds - progression into industry or onto the Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building services Engineering.
• Plumbing and Heating Apprenticeship - City & Guilds - progression into industry or onto the Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building services Engineering.
We are also pleased to announce that many of our courses, including those in Construction are free for adults, as part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee initiative.
For further information, please visit www.grantham.ac.uk or contact us at: email@example.com or Tel: 01476 400200