You may have seen in the local press a recent article about the College closing its construction site and ceasing delivery of construction courses. We are not aware of the source of this story but can confirm it is NOT true. We remain fully committed to the delivery of construction courses and indeed are currently investing significant sums of money into the expansion of our provision in this area. Below is our response to the Journal about the article, which includes information about our upcoming investment in construction and engineering facilities and new courses.
We can confirm that Grantham College are not currently planning to demolish the current Construction Skills Centre or cease delivery of construction courses. In fact, because our current facilities limit our ambitious expansion plans for the construction department, we are investing heavily in Construction facilities and will be offering a raft of innovative, new courses as part of our new Energy Centre (see below – The Greater Lincolnshire LEP has also released a press release on this today)..
The college is currently considering options for the future of the existing construction site, which includes the planning proposal.
Grantham College are investing £2.46 million in a new Engineering and Construction facility
We are delighted to announce we are expanding our provision through a huge investment in an Engineering and Construction Energy Centre which will open in March 2022.
The facility comes as a direct response to an increase in demand for skilled workers within the construction and engineering sectors. The College will be buying construction and engineering training machinery, to offer 25 new courses to attract 422 new learners, to in-demand subject areas such as environmental technologies, electronic engineering, and domestic heating. We will be offering employer-focused courses, which will provide the region with long term economic stability.
We are also re-opening our plumbing and plastering centres in September, to accompany our bricklaying, site and bench carpentry, and joinery centres, we will be offering an extensive complement of construction courses for both young people and adults. We will also be offering a full range of Part Time courses in; wall and floor tiling, plumbing, carpentry and joinery, bricklaying, painting and decorating and plastering.
New courses available from September include:
· City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Plastering - future progression to Level 2.
· City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Construction Skills – Plumbing - future progression to Level 2.
· City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies - progression to City & Guilds Level 3 in Plumbing or L3 Apprenticeship in Gas Engineering or Plumbing and Heating Technician.
· City and Guilds Level 3 in Plumbing - progression to level 4 Higher Professional Diploma into Building Services Engineering or directly into industry.
· Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship - progression directly into industry or a Technical Specialism such as Plumbing or Plastering.
· City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Sustainable Construction - progression into industry or onto L4 Green Deal Advisor or HNC Future Homes Design and Construction courses.
· Gas Engineering Apprenticeship – City & Guilds - progression into industry or onto the Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building services Engineering.
· Plumbing and Heating Apprenticeship - City & Guilds - progression into industry or onto the Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building services Engineering.
We are also pleased to announce that many of our courses, including those in Construction are free for adults, as part of the Government’s lifetime skills guarantee initiative.
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01476 400200