10 flashbacks from Y2K!
1. DJ Casper’s Cha Cha Slide was released and changed the dance floor scene forever more.
2. Roller skate shoes first came on the scene making plain old trainers seem so uncool.
3. In February 2000, The Sims took over our social lives!
4. The Millennium Dome opened to celebrate the new century.
5. Big Brother first aired in July 2000 and has taken over our screens ever since.
6. Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire was published and is the fastest selling book EVER.
7. In July of 2000, the first inhabitants arrived at the International Space Station.
8. The UK won 11 Gold medals, 10 Silver and 7 Bronze at the Sydney Olympics.
9. The year 2000 found the opening of the Tate Modern.
10. And last, but most importantly, Madonna married Guy Ritchie <3
If you can think of any more, tweet us @granthamcollege !