Working patternPart Time
Salaryup to £11,732 per annum
Closing date for applicationsWednesday, 20 March 2019
Grantham College is looking for a Trainer Assessor to deliver and assess Health & Social Care in order to prepare for appropriate qualifications to ensure successful timely completion.
The roles main responsibilities will be to:
- Carry out initial employer visits to ensure the workplace resources and opportunities are suitable to meet the requirements of the intended programme, keeping appropriate records
- Provide initial advice and guidance to potential candidates and employers, providing an effective induction, clearly outlining expectations and commitments of all involved
- Keep up to date with relevant changes as prescribed by awarding bodies, the Institute for Apprenticeships, the ESFA and other regulatory bodies
- Recommend which standards are to be delivered and work with college colleagues to ensure relevance to employers, consistency and quality standards are upheld
- Work with the recruitment team to review existing provision and on the development of appropriate new standards/programmes to ensure cost effectiveness and facilitate the growth of the area
- Meet internal and external quality assurance requirements, following relevant processes, using appropriate systems
- Manage and maintain apprentice data and track progress using appropriate management information systems (e.g. e-portfolio)
- Assess objectively against published criteria and ensure students and employers are prepared for the End Point Assessment process where relevant
- Conduct assessments within agreed timescales and make assessment decisions and feedback to candidates
The successful applicant will have:
- A comprehensive knowledge of Health & Social Care qualifications and current standards
- Relevant Assessor qualification, TAQA or equivalent
- Experience working in a business environment and evidence of continuous professional development in the sector
- Experience of assessing candidates in the workplace and tracking students/learners and reporting against learning plan outcomes.
- Experience of delivering outcome focused, accredited training programmes
We can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance.
The closing date for all applications will be Wednesday 20 March 2019. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 26 March 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.