Salaryup to £17,376 per annum
Closing date for applicationsMonday, 22 April 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Table Tennis Coach to join our Business, Sport and Travel team.
The purpose of the role is to demonstrate high quality professional practice and provide quality coaching at a variety of levels. Devise action plans / individual learning plans and maintain appropriate records.
The successful applicant must have:
- A qualification to UKCC Level 2 or above
- Knowledge of table tennis coaching techniques and methodology for 16-18 year olds
- Current first aid and safeguarding certificate and knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- The ability to manage planning, communication and administrative duties
- The ability to work flexibly, to tight deadlines and co-operatively with others
- Relate to students and to set appropriate standards of punctuality, attendance and conduct
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working with 12-20 year olds within a table tennis coaching environment
and of planning and delivering a coaching programme
The roles main duties include:
- Delivering coaching sessions to a large group or and individual members of the Table Tennis Academy alongside the coaching staff
- The ability to deliver current coaching methods and have good understanding and knowledge of the current game
- Operating as an effective member of the table tennis academy
- Carrying out administrative duties associated with the table tennis academy
- Providing returns or reports as may from time to time be required by the Head of Curriculum
- Aiding with recruitment and networking on a National and International level
- Assisting as and when required at our partner programme with the David Ross Education Trust
- Keeping our social media accounts up to date with current news and liaising with the college marketing department to ensure wider publicity
- Attending tournaments as and when required throughout the season
We offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, generous benefits package, continued professional development and a holiday allowance which also includes five college closure days.
The closing date for all applications will be Monday 22 April 2019. Interviews will be held on Thursday 10 May 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.