Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £15,797 (NMW) per annum, dependent upon skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsThursday, 26 September 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Student Outreach & Communications Assistant to join our marketing department.
The purpose of the role is to support the marketing function of the college through liaison with local schools and the community. Effective internal and external communication, resulting in increased applications and online engagement through various social media platforms.
The successful applicant must have:
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent administrative skills and be highly organised
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, practical and able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to work in a high-pressure and fast pace environment as part of a small team
- A high level of computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and preferably Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- The ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Flexibility, adaptability and good attention to detail
- A methodical and organised approach to work
- A full driving licence
The roles main duties include:
- Liaising with schools including talks and assemblies, attending careers fairs & other school events
- Under the direction of the Marketing Manager, sourcing regular ‘good news’ stories across the college and creating engaging social media posts across various platforms (i.e. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Under the direction of the Graphic Designer & Web Editor, regularly reviewing online content to ensure accuracy of information
- Supporting the marketing department with effective administration support and processing
- Assisting with marketing campaigns as required
- Supporting marketing and recruitment events as required e.g. careers fairs, community events and open events
- Advertising courses and selling points of the college & distribution of promotional materials to relevant sources/outlets/businesses
- Using social media for effective marketing and interaction
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with organising key events throughout the academic year e.g. student conference, careers fairs, open evenings, charity events, etc.
What we can offer you in return:
- A generous pension contribution
- A continued professional development programme
- An extensive employee discount package
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes five additional college closure days
- For 2020 an additional four college closure days over the Easter period
The closing date for all applications will be Thursday 26 September 2019. Interviews will be held on the week commencing 07 October 2019.
We would also consider applications from candidates seeking an apprenticeship.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.