Working patternPart Time
Salaryup to £9,281.50 per annum
Closing date for applicationsFriday, 29 March 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Student Mentor to join our Student Services team.
The purpose of the role is to place potential students on appropriate courses by robust application of the College processes. The Student Mentor will provide support to students which includes finance and emotional support and encouraging progression.
The successful applicant must have:
- Experience working with young people aged 14 to 19 with learning and development needs, in an education, youth work or similar capacity
- A minimum Level 3 IAG qualification (or willingness to work towards)
- Level 2 Maths and English qualification
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- A flexible in approach to tasks and be able to multi task.
- The ability to prioritise
The roles main duties include:
- Operating the cross college interview process in order that students are placed on appropriate courses for their ability and aspiration
- Completing all interview associated administration, including follow up calls to maximise eventual enrolments
- Supporting and assisting with the cross college induction programme, including raising awareness of available support, during September of each academic year
- Monitoring attendance of a caseload of students, dealing with issues including signposting to both internal services and external agencies and Heads of Curriculum
- Working closely with the Student Finance & Accommodation Coordinator, Mental Health & Wellbeing Advisor, College Careers Advisor and Safeguarding Team to offer support for students
- Working with identified students to increase motivation levels dealing with identified issues and, where appropriate, signposting to both internal and external agencies
- Supporting the enrolment process as required by the Student Services Manager, including pre-induction days
- Provide pastoral and behavioural support as appropriate
We can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance.
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 29 March 2019. Interviews will be held on Thursday 04 April 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.