Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £15,220
Closing date for applicationsTuesday, 22 January 2019
Grantham College is looking for a Security Guard who will provide a professional service and a visible presence. The role reports directly to our Estates Facilities Supervisor.
Thesuccessful candidate will need to be highly organised and have exceptional attention to detail.
The roles main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide a safe working environment for students, staff and the public
- Unlock and secure the college premises, alternating morning and afternoon shift weekly with existing security guard
- Be a visible security guard presence
- Receive incoming goods from suppliers and distribute or arrange storage
- Be on call to respond to alarm call outs as required
- Drive college vehicles for deliveries and collection when necessary
- Assist with the moving of furniture, delivery of water bottles and general items associated with the college Summer Works as required
- Work flexibly and pro-actively within the estates team
The successful applicant will have:
- The ability to build effective working relationships
- Confidently challenge those not adhering to the College Code of Conduct
- Ability to deal with pressurised situations
- A driving licence
- Experience with key holding responsibilities and alarm systems
We can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance.
The closing date for all applications will be Tuesday 22 January 2019. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 30 January 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.