Working patternPart Time
Salaryup to £5024.00 per annum, dependent upon skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsTuesday, 20 August 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Public Services Lecturer to join our Business, Sport and Travel department.
The purpose of the role is to demonstrate a high quality professional practice within our quality assurance processes in relation to all duties associated with the post, providing high quality teaching and learning at a variety of levels. Contribute to the maintenance and development of the outstanding provision in all its forms for Learners.
The successful applicant must have:
- Degree or equivalent qualification ideally in a subject linked to the Public Services Area
- Vocational qualification/experience
- IT qualifications/experience
- Relevant teaching/training/assessor qualifications, or willing to work towards
- Ability to analyse information and situations and recommend ways forward
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage time
- Knowledge of assessment processes
- Ability to articulate clearly and objectively via the spoken and written work
- Perform effectively as a team player
- Ability to perform under pressure and to be flexible in working arrangements
- Knowledge and understanding of current Safeguarding and Equality & Diversity issues with the Further Education Sector
The roles main duties include:
- To undertake teaching to a high standard up to Level 3 on programmes as required in accordance with staff utilisation principles.
- To be an effective member of the team and work closely with colleagues from other areas.
- To provide general guidance to students including tutorial work, transition planning and liaising with external and partner agencies as required.
- To carry out administrative duties associated with teaching, including: maintenance of registers, schemes of work, reports, and course records to a high standard and within set deadlines.
- To assist in the recruitment of students, including interviewing, enrolment, open evening and other promotional events.
- To assist with activities related to the programmes of study (e.g. residential, work experience/placements and cross-college work) as may be required.
We offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, generous benefits package, continued professional development and a holiday allowance which also includes five college closure days.
The closing date for all applications will be Tuesday 20 August 2019. Interviews will be held on the week commencing 26 August 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.