Working patternPart Time
Salaryup to £4,009 per annum, dependent upon skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsTuesday, 27 August 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a College Shop Sales Assistant to join our Learning Development department.
The role is part time; 13 hours per week (over 2 days), 35 weeks per year (expected start date September 2019).
The purpose of the role is to support and guide learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities to increase the learner work experience opportunity.
The successful applicant must have:
- An understanding of retail business
- Experience of working with LLDD learners (Learner with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities)
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative ideas and a willingness to share ideas
- Familiarisation with Excel spreadsheets
- Experience of working in a retail business or running a business of this nature
- Ability to produce workbooks which link to curriculum delivery
- Working with learners within LLDD in a supportive role
- The ability to access website to purchase products
The roles main duties include:
- To undertake managerial responsibilities for the College Shop under guidance from the manager.
- To liaise with course leaders to produce learning materials which support and meet the competences required to allow individual learners to achieve.
- To be an effective member of the team and work closely with colleagues from other areas;
- To provide general guidance and support to students.
- To carry out administrative duties associated with this role, to include keeping a record of income & expenditure and stock taking.
- To assist with activities related to the promotion of the College Shop as may be required
What we can offer you in return:
- A generous pension contribution
- A continued professional development programme
- An extensive employee discount package
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes five additional college closure days
- For 2020 four additional college closure days over the Easter period
The closing date for all applications will be Tuesday 27 August 2019. Interview date to be confirmed.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.