Working patternPart Time
SalaryHourly paid: FE Qualified £20.54 / FE Unqualified £18.24
Closing date for applicationsFriday, 16 August 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer in Sociology/Psychology to join our Health and Social Care/Humanities department.
The purpose of the role is to demonstrate a high quality professional practice and provide quality teaching and learning at a variety of levels. Devise action plans and maintain appropriate records.
The successful applicant must have:
- Experience of teaching at Level 3 (AS/A2) Sociology / Psychology
The role's main duties include:
- To teach, using an appropriate mix of traditional, e-learning and blended learning approaches, on a range of courses across the area.
- To take responsibility for specific areas of work within the curriculum area.
- To operate as an effective member of relevant course teams and to work closely with other areas.
- To carry out administrative duties associated with teaching, including maintenance of registers, schemes of work, assessments, reports, course records and course evaluations to a satisfactory standard and within established deadlines.
- To ensure safe working practices are observed by yourself and others (including students) for whom you are responsible.
- To provide such returns or reports as may from time to time be required by the Head of Curriculum or College.
- To assist in the recruitment of students, including interviewing and enrolments.
- To assist in the marketing of the College provision through attendance at Careers Conventions, Open Days and other promotional events.
- To assist in the development of curriculum support materials.
- To assist with programmes of work experience and/or industrial and commercial liaison, including the organisation and monitoring of work experience placements.
- To ensure the principles of equality and diversity are upheld.
We offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, generous benefits package, continued professional development and a holiday allowance which also includes five college closure days.
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 16 August 2019. Interview date to be confirmed.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.