Working patternPart Time
Salaryup to £5,541.41, per annum dependent on skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsSunday, 5 September 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Counselling Lecturer (level 3 and 4) to join our Health and Social Care department. This is a part time role, 8 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (in addition there will be four Saturday workshops held periodically throughout the course).
Welcome Package: An initial welcome bonus of up to £500 payable after three months of satisfactory service with a further payment of up to £500 provided upon successful completion of a six month probationary period
The purpose of the role is to demonstrate a high quality of professional practice and provide quality teaching and learning at a variety of levels. Devise action plans and maintain appropriate records.
The successful applicant must have:
- Degree or equivalent in Counselling
- Professional qualification in Counselling
- Teaching qualification (or willingness to work towards)
- The ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to motivate students
- Excellent administration and IT skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
The roles main duties include:
- To teach and assess, using an appropriate mix of traditional, e-learning and blended learning approaches, on a range of courses within both the Counselling curriculum area and across areas.
- To take responsibility for specific areas of work including course files within the curriculum area.
- To carry out administrative duties associated with teaching.
- The internal verification of work.
- To provide such returns or reports as may from time to time be required by the Curriculum Leader or College.
- To assist in the recruitment of students, including interviewing and enrolments.
- To assist with programmes of work experience and/or industrial and commercial liaison, including the organisation and monitoring of work experience placements.
What we offer you in return:
- An excellent pension scheme, Teachers’ Pension with an Employer Contribution of 23.68%
- An extensive employee discount package
- A continued professional development programme
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 37 days for Academic employees
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
- Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Tuesday 07 September 2021.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Download the Application Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.