Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £32,472 plus market supplement for an exceptional candidate
Closing date for applicationsFriday, 12 April 2019
Grantham College is looking for a Lecturer in Computing to demonstrate a high quality professional practice and provide quality teaching and learning at a variety of levels.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Teach using an appropriate mix of traditional, e-learning and blended learning approaches,on a range of courses within the curriculum area and across areas
- Take responsibility for specific areas of work within the curriculum area including course leadership if required
- Support the development of curriculum support materials
- Provide support and guidance to students
- Carry out administrative duties associated with teaching, including maintenance of registers, schemes of work, assessments, reports, course records and course evaluations to a satisfactory standard and within established deadlines
- Ensure safe working practices are observed by yourself and others (including students) for whom you are responsible
- Assist in the recruitment of students, including interviewing and enrolments
The successful applicant will have:
- A good first degree/HND in a relevant field, such as Computing or Computer Science
- A teaching qualification or working towards
- Experience of teaching computing on FE vocational, BTEC Diplomas levels 1 – 3 and Higher National Diplomas at Level 4/5
- Knowledge of programming language, including Object Orientated and HCI hardware e.g. networking/computing maintenance/security, C#, PHP, databases, SQL and web based technologies
It is desirable that the applicant has an assessing qualification or is willing to work towards this.
We can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance. The successful applicant will qualify for a £1,000 bonus after completing 12 months of continuous service.
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 12 April 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.