Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £29,718, per annum dependent on skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsTuesday, 17 August 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer in HE Computing to join our Computing department. The role is 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, part-time applications will also be considered. The start date for the role is 01 September 2021.
The purpose of the role is to demonstrate a high quality professional practice and provide quality teaching, assessing and learning at a variety of levels with a focus on Level 4 and level 5. Devise action plans and maintain appropriate records.
It is a particularly exciting time to join Grantham College’s HE and Computing teams. New state-of-the-art facilities and equipment will be available from 2021. Higher-level Computing is at the centre of our new £2.6m Institute of Technology (IoT): a prestigious and high-quality centre delivering higher level technical education in Digital and Engineering, with a clear route to high-skilled employment. There are also opportunities for the successful candidate to lead on IoT-linked short courses, and Digital Bootcamps. We have expanded our HE Digital portfolio this year to include HNC/D Computing + Systems Development, Digital Technologies, and Cloud Computing.
The successful applicant must have:
- A good first degree/ HND in a relevant field, such as Computing or Computer Science
- A teaching qualification or working towards
- Knowledge of programming language, including Object Orientated and event Driven e.g. C#, Objective-C; databases and SQL; web based technologies and HCI; hardware e.g. networking / computing maintenance/ security
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Experience of writing lesson plans, schemes of work and assessing work
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) has launched a new resource to support those beginning careers in Further Education (FE) teaching and training. The ‘Preparing for a career in FE teaching and training’ course is free to access on the FutureLearn platform. Further information is available: www.et-foundation.co.uk/news/etf-launches-free-course-for-those-starting-fe-teaching-careers/
What we offer you in return:
- An excellent Teachers’ Pension scheme with an Employer Contribution of 23.68%
- An extensive employee discount package
- A continued professional development programme
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 37 days for Academic employees
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
- Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Tuesday 17 August 2021. Interviews will take place Thursday 26 August.
Download the Application Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.