Working patternPart Time
SalaryHourly paid, £8.91 plus £1.52 holiday pay
Closing date for applicationsWednesday, 20 October 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Learning Support Assistant to join our Learning Support department. The purpose of the role is to provide support to learners with physical and/or learning needs within small groups or individually. This could be up to 15 hours per week during term time on a zero hours contract.
The successful applicant must have:
- Awareness of disabilities and of barriers to learning
- Level 2 Literacy / numeracy
- Experience of working with young people in educational, youth work or experience with supporting young people in secondary schools or Further Education
- Flexibility with regard to learners supported
- Excellent interpersonal / communicational skills
The roles main duties include:
- Carrying out the duties of a LSA, supporting learners on individual/small group programmes agreed with the SEND team.
- Supporting learners with physical/learning difficulties.
- Assisting students with needs to have full access to the college facilities
- Liaising with academic staff and the SEND Co-ordinator regarding progression of learners on their main stream programme.
- Assisting the SEND Coordinator with routine administrative tasks.
- Assisting with preparation of learning support documentation and materials.
- Operating flexibly recognising the requirements of the learner and the requirements of classes/timetables.
What we offer you in return:
- An excellent pension scheme with an Employer Contribution of 23.8 %
- A continued professional development programme
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 25 days, this will increase to 29 days, after 5 years’ service
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
- Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 20 October 2021.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Download the Application Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.