Working patternFull time
SalaryNational Minimum Wage
Closing date for applicationsTuesday, 20 August 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Industry Placement Employer and Student Engagement Administrator to join our Student Services (Work Experience) department.
The purpose of the role is to engage with employers and students in order to implement and administer Industry Placements for students involved in the ’T’ Level programme.
The successful applicant must have:
- 5 GCSEs (grade A-D) or equivalent
- Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Ability to work proactively
- Ability to deal with stakeholders face to face and over the telephone
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Good attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Methodical and organised approach to work
- Working in an office/customer facing environment and experience of general administration
The role's main duties include:
- Engaging with local employers to source industry placements across a range of industry sectors through cold-calling and relationship building
- Updating engagement activity on the CRM database
- Meeting business owners and staff to explain how the placements work: the timescales, size of commitment and the paperwork involved
- Creating industry placement documentation: placement agreements containing all relevant placement details plus logbooks for students to complete
- Matching students to placements: disseminating CVs and arranging times, dates and candidates for interviews either internally or externally
- Working with academic staff to set individual placement learning objectives for each student, to be agreed with each employer
- Monitoring placements through monthly phone contact with employers and fortnightly meetings with each student
- Liaising with parents, academic staff, and other college staff as appropriate
- Obtaining medical forms and disclosing information to host employers as appropriate
- Completing health and safety documentation and arranging visits to higher risk settings
- Exploring travel options for students with journeys to other local towns/cities to assess viability and potential costs
- Setting up travel bursaries for students’ expenses and ensuring payments are made with adjustments if necessary to take account of attendance issues
- Monitoring attendance to ensure students complete the minimum number of placement hours across the whole placement
- Formally reviewing placement objectives with students and employers mid-way through and at the end of each placement
- Obtaining end of placement employer references for students
- Creating surveys of students and employers to obtain feedback
- Keeping accurate files of all placement paperwork
What we can offer you in return:
- A generous pension contribution
- A continued professional development programme
- An extensive employee discount package
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes five additional college closure days
- For 2020 four additional college closure days over the Easter period
The closing date for all applications will be Tuesday 20 August 2019. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 28 August 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.