Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £39,151, per annum dependent on skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsFriday, 13 August 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Curriculum: Engineering, Business and Computing. The purpose of the role is to lead and manage the curriculum area and associated resources in line with College policies and procedures and to contribute to the College’s strategic plan and vision to deliver inspirational vocational, technical, professional and higher education and training that empowers people, business and the community to achieve their goal. The role is 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
The successful applicant must have:
- Knowledge of the Education Inspection Framework
- Awareness of Apprenticeships Standard and the requirements of the EPA
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- The ability to motivate staff and students and apprentices to achieve their full potential
- The ability to work as part of a team yet autonomously at times
- Natural leadership skills – can lead a team effectively ensuring they achievement success
- The ability to work on own initiative and problem solve
- Expertise in initiating projects and effective budget management skills
- The ability to liaise with key stakeholders
- A track record of successful retention and achievement rates within curriculum for both classroom and apprenticeship provision
- Proven ability to utilise staff effectively and efficiently
What we offer you in return:
- An excellent pension scheme (Teachers’ Pension or Local Government) Teachers’ Pension: Employer Contribution 23.68% / Local Government: Employer Contribution 23.8 %
- An extensive employee discount package
- A continued professional development programme
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 32 days for management employees
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
- Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 13th August 2021. Interviews will be taking place Wednesday 25 August 2021.
Download the Application Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.