Working patternPart Time
SalaryNMW, hourly paid
Closing date for applicationsFriday, 3 September 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Function Assistant to join our Catering department. This is a part time, zero hours contract – variable hours as required.
The role will involve working under the general guidance of the Catering Services Manager, assisting in the smooth running of our bar area to deliver a high standard of service and customer satisfaction. Providing a visible presence to ensure that all customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively.
The successful applicant must have:
- Maths at GCSE or equivalent grade C
- Keenness to learn and develop new skills
- The ability to work individually behind a bar and as part of a team
- High standards of personal presentation and customer service
The roles main duties include:
- Operating the till and taking cash.
- Serving customers from behind the bar, offering advice on drinks.
- Responsible for keeping the bar clean and tidy, collecting empty plates and glasses.
- Mixing cocktails for customers.
- Preparing the bar for service, restocking wines and spirits.
- Providing a professional, friendly and courteous service to all customers.
- Working at weddings, private parties and conferences.
- Dealing with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Ensuring all cash, charge, float and till procedures are carried out in accordance with College
What we offer you in return:
- An excellent pension scheme with an Employer Contribution of 23.8 %
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 25 days for Support employees,
this will increase to 29 days, after 5 years’ service
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 03 September 2021.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Download the Application Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.