Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £18,563 per annum
Closing date for applicationsTuesday, 23 April 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Employability and Skills Mentor to join the Business Development team.
The purpose of the role is to engage with young people aged 15-24, to provide guidance and support for them to meet their learning aims and to support them to progression into education, employment or training.
The successful applicant must have:
- Knowledge of barriers and issues faced by NEET young people
- Ability to work well within a teamand on own initiative
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- IT competentwith good attention to detail
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with difficult situations/client groups
- Experience of developing productive relationships with key stakeholders and engaging with and supporting NEET learners
The roles main duties include:
- Developing relationships and working in partnership with key stakeholders – both internal departments and external agencies
- Liaising and networking with internal and external stakeholders to identify and recruit clients suitable for the programme
- Assisting clients to identify their own career goals and objectives using a range of initial assessment tools
- Signposting clients into appropriate training opportunities to meet their career goals, regularly reviewing their progress and arranging additional support as required
- Providing support to facilitate achievement of client goals through 1:1 interventions or group work sessions
- Co-ordinating and delivering workshops as appropriate
- Working with colleagues to enable clients to develop skills helping them move towards learning and employment, including work experience opportunities
- Assisting with marketing activities as directed by the Partnership Engagement Manager
- Ensuring that service delivery is conducted in a professional manner in line with current policies and procedures
- Working with stakeholders to identify progression routes for clients, and provide support with accessing and achieving these
- Maintaining client records to accurately log the learner journey
- Compiling data and retain accurate client records on relevant MIS systems in line with the recording policy and requirements of the funding organisation and Grantham College
We offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, generous benefits package, continued professional development and a holiday allowance which also includes five college closure days.
The closing date for all applications will be 23 April 2019. Interviews will be held on 01 May 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.