Working patternFull time
Salaryhourly rate £20.54 plus £2.48 holiday rate
Closing date for applicationsTuesday, 30 April 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Installations Assessor/Lecturer to join our Engineering department.
The purpose of the role is to demonstrate a high quality of professional practice and provide quality teaching and learning at a variety of levels. Devise action plans and maintain appropriate records.
The successful applicant must have:
- Electrical installation trade qualifications
- Electrical maintenance trade qualifications
- Electrical trade apprenticeship
- Electrical installation experience
- General electrical experience
The roles main duties include:
- Teaching and assessing, using an appropriate mix of traditional, e-learning and blended learning approaches, on a range of courses involving Electrical installation and Electrical Maintenance.
- Responsibility for specific areas of work within the curriculum area
- Providing support and guidance to students
- Operating as an effective member of relevant course teams and to work closely with other areas
- Carrying out administrative duties associated with teaching, including maintenance of registers, schemes of work, assessments, reports, course records and evaluations to a satisfactory standard and within established deadlines
- Providing such returns or reports as may be required by the Curriculum Manager or College Senior Leadership Team
- To assist in the recruitment of students, including interviewing and enrolments as well as marketing the College provision through attendance at Careers Conventions, Open Days and other promotional events
- To assist with programmes of work experience and/or industrial and commercial liaison, including the organisation and monitoring of work experience placements
We offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, generous benefits package, continued professional development and a holiday allowance which also includes five college closure days.
The closing date for all applications will be Tuesday 30 April 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.