Working patternFull time
SalaryNMW, per annum dependent on skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsThursday, 5 August 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Construction Technician to join our Construction department. This role is full time, 37 hours per week, 38 weeks per year.
The purpose of the role is to provide technical and practical support services including: maintaining equipment: apparatus, and other consumable materials in support of teaching and learning within the curriculum area.
It is a particularly exciting time to join Grantham College and be part of our Energy Centre.
The College have been successful in securing funding from the Greater Lincolnshire LEP (Local Enterprise Partnership) to create a multi-million-pound centre of excellence for sustainability and renewable energies. The project will transform our existing provision with industry-standard workshops, equipment, and digital learning spaces. The Energy Centre is planned for opening in March 2022. The new facilities will allow us to expand our provision and offer new Engineering and Construction courses in electrical installation, plumbing, gas fitting and renewable energies including solar, wind, and air source heating. Together with our Institute of Technology (planned for opening in July 2021), the Energy Centre marks a flagship investment by Grantham College in training for the jobs of the future.
The successful applicant must have:
- Minimum of City and Guilds Crafts or NVQ Level 2 in Bricklaying
- Up to date knowledge and experience of the Construction industry
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Good administrative / IT skills
- The ability to work to deadlines
- An organised manner
What we offer you in return:
- An excellent pension scheme with an Employer Contribution of 23.8 %
- An extensive employee discount package
- A continued professional development programme
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 25 days for Support employees, this will increase to 29 days, after 5 years’ service
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
- Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Thursday 5 August 2021. Interviews will take place on Thursday 12 August 2021.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Download the Application Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.