Working patternPart Time
Closing date for applicationsTuesday, 31 December 2019
At Grantham College we deliver vocational, technical, professional and higher education and training that empowers people, businesses and the community to achieve their goals. We have over 60 years’ experience of providing education and training and endeavor to change lives by educating people from the local community to support them to the next stage of their life be it further education or into employment – we would like you to be part of this.
Grantham College Governing Body
The Governing Body is made up of 14 people from different sectors of the local community, staff members and students. The Board meet four times a year with an additional three strategic planning sessions. There are five committees; Standards, Finance, Audit, Search and Remuneration. The Standards Committee meet four times a year and the Finance and Audit Committees meet three times a year. Search and Remuneration Committees are held as and when required. Committee membership is made up predominately from the appointed governors.
The role of the Corporation is in agreeing the strategic direction of the College, setting objectives and monitoring results, and supporting the College to provide a high-quality and effective learning experience for everyone who attends the College. The responsibilities can be summarised as:
- Determining the educational character and mission of the College and overseeing its activities.
- Approving the quality strategy of the institution.
- The effective management of resources to ensure the solvency of the College and the safe-guarding of its assets.
- Approving annual estimates of income and expenditure.
- Employing senior post-holders, including their appointment, determination of pay and conditions, etc.
- Setting a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all other staff.
The Corporation's role is strategic, and members do not involve themselves in the day-to-day management of the College.
The College is looking to recruit passionate, ambitious, and appropriately experienced individuals to join our Board of Governors.
To apply to be a Governor
Please email Jane Taylor-Holmes (Clerk to the Governors) for further details email@example.com