Working patternPart Time
Closing date for applicationsWednesday, 25 September 2019
An opportunity has arisen for a Cleaner to join Grantham College in our Estates Department.
The purpose of this role is to provide a high standard of cleaning will be required at all times. Recent and substantial experience of cleaning in a similar location is essential as well as good attention to detail.
The successful applicant must have:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and (COSHH)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to multi task, work well under pressure and be a team player
- A flexible and methodical approach to work
- Experience of cleaning within a similar environment and use of cleaning machinery
The roles main duties include:
- Cleaning general areas of the College which may include: classrooms, corridors, offices and other public areas.
- To liaise with the line manager to ensure adequate supplies are available to you.
- Reporting any issues to the Line Manager.
- Working flexibly at all times and to a standard acceptable by the Line Manager. You will be expected to follow a work schedule that will outline your duties on a day-to-day, week by week basis, although you are required to adapt to the needs of the area.
- Operating cleaning machinery as appropriate.
- Responsibility for collecting and returning keys to the appropriate storage place at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Attending work to agreed working hours. You will be required to adhere to a signing in or clocking on procedure at the beginning and end of each shift.
What we can offer you in return:
- A generous pension contribution
- A continued professional development programme
- An extensive employee discount package
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes five additional college closure days
- For 2020 an additional four college closure days over the Easter period
The closing date for all applications will be Wednesday 25 September 2019. Interviews will be held on Monday 30 September 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.