Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £25,874 per annum, dependent upon skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsWednesday, 18 September 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Brick Lecturer/Assessor to join our Construction department.
The purpose of the role is be responsible for teaching and assessing Trowel Occupations at Levels 1, 2 and 3 on Full time and Apprentices and assisting with the development of the Brickwork curriculum
The successful applicant must have:
- City and Guilds Advanced Craft or NVQ Level 3 in Brickwork
- City and Guilds 7404 Parts 1 and 2, PGCE or Cert Ed. PTLLS, DTLLS, or a willingness to acquire
- TDLB D32, 33, 34, or A1 and V1, or a willingness to acquire
- Previous teaching experience at an appropriate level and appropriate industrial experience
- Up to date knowledge of the Brickwork Curriculum
- Knowledge of assessment and tracking procedures
The role's main duties include:
- Teaching, assess and as appropriate, internally verify courses up to level 3
- Developing and expanding the Brickwork Curriculum
- Ensuring the Brickwork Curriculum is fully up to standard
- Assist with the development of the Brickwork department
- Support marketing the College provision through attendance at Careers Conventions, Open Days and other promotional events
- Providing vocational support and guidance to learners. Tracking and targeting individual student progress
- Carrying out administrative duties associated with teaching, including maintenance of registers, schemes of work, assessments, reports, course records and course evaluations to a good standard and within established deadlines
- Being a Course Leader for one of the programmes
- Ensuring safe working practices are observed by yourself and others (including students) for whom you are responsible
- Support with recruitment of students, including interviewing and enrolments
- Assist with programmes of work experience and/or industrial and commercial liaison, including the organisation and monitoring of work experience placements
What we can offer you in return:
- A generous pension contribution
- A continued professional development programme
- An extensive employee discount package
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes five additional college closure days
- For 2020 four additional college closure days over the Easter period
The closing date for all applications will be Wednesday 18 September 2019. Interview date to be confirmed.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.