Working patternPart Time
Salaryup to £7,440
Closing date for applicationsThursday, 24 January 2019
Grantham College is looking for a Beauty Technician to provide beauty therapy support services including: preparing and maintaining equipment, kit, and other consumable materials in support of teaching and learning within the curriculum area.
The purpose of the role is to support the general running of the hair and beauty department.
The roles main responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain the stores and salons such that they may be used effectively and safely by staff and students
- Prepare consumable materials, kit and equipment for student practical work, training and lecture demonstrations
- Use appropriate software to prepare materials for administration purposes
- Support teaching staff in the delivery of the curriculum, including the supervision of students
- Maintain accurate records and levels of equipment, materials and consumables ordering replenishment stock as necessary. Conducting a stock audit and annual stocktaking
- Organise and ensure effective operation and security of stores and salon areas, with particular regard to hazardous and/or inflammable materials and their safe storage
- Prepare risk assessment and COSHH paperwork annually in relation to beauty therapy
- Keep all areas clean, tidy and safe to ensure adequate care of health and safety and take immediate action (e.g. disconnection of power supply) if there is a reason to suppose a safety hazard exists and report the hazard
- Assist with salon booking service, organising and maintaining a database of clients and take receipt of money from salon sales, recording of transactions and transfer of money to college finance office
- Support with the laundry requirements of the curriculum area
- Maintain and update the curriculum area’s social media marketing services
- To work in partnership with hair to support both the Hair & Beauty departments
The successful applicant will have:
- Beauty Therapy knowledge and qualification to Level 2
- Industry experience of at least 2 years
- An understanding of a wide range of Beauty Therapy treatments and equipment
We can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance.
The closing date for all applications will be Thursday 24 January 2019. Interviews will be held on Monday 04 February 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.