Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £17,038 per annum
Closing date for applicationsFriday, 29 March 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Art & Design Technician to join our team.
The purpose of the role is to provide technical and creative art and design support services including maintaining equipment and other consumable materials in support of teaching and learning within the curriculum area.
The successful applicant must have:
- A wide range of art and design knowledge relating to equipment, processes and products
- Operational experience with use of art and design equipment
- The ability to work and interrelate with students, managers and lecturers
- Skills to monitor department and student budgets
- Competency to follow stock control and replenishment of items in a timely manner
The roles main duties include:
- Maintaining the Art and Design studio and workshop areas such that they may be used effectively by staff and students, including re-stocking of materials
- Preparing materials, apparatus and equipment for student practical work, training and lecture demonstrations in Fine Art, 3D Studies, Graphics, Textiles, Design Crafts, Photography as required
- Using appropriate software to prepare materials for administration purposes
- Supporting teaching staff in the delivery of the curriculum, including the supervision of students
- Maintaining accurate records and levels of equipment, materials and consumables ordering replenishment stock as necessary
- Organising and ensuring effective operation and security of studio and workshop areas, with particular regard to hazardous and/or inflammable materials and their safe storage
- Keeping all areas clean, tidy and safe to ensure adequate care of health and safety and take immediate action (e.g. disconnection of power supply) if there is a reason to suppose a safety hazard exists and report the hazard immediately
- Operating the College Art Shop
We can offer a pleasant working environment, excellent pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance.
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 29 March 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.