Working patternPart Time
Salaryup to £2,149 per annum, dependent upon skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsThursday, 19 September 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Animal Care Technician to join our Animal Care department.
The purpose of the role is to provide support services including; preparation and maintenance of food, stores and supplies and animal environments, including cleaning of animal areas, exercise of animals, maintain equipment and consumable materials.
The successful applicant must have:
- L3 or equivalent in Animal Care
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work effectively on their own or as part of a team
- A strong desire to work with animals
- Have experience of working with domestic animals
The role's main duties include:
- Providing Animal Husbandry.
- Maintaining the department areas and equipment such that they may be used effectively and safely by staff and students.
- Preparing materials, apparatus and equipment for student practical work, training and lecture demonstrations.
- Maintaining accurate records against welfare, administering of medication, food consumption.
- Organising and ensure effective operation and security of classrooms and workshop areas, with particular regard to hazardous and/or inflammable materials and their safe storage.
- Keeping all areas clean, tidy and safe
- Maintaining kitchen/laundry environment.
- Maintaining welfare of animals in a companionship role.
- Preparing materials for teaching, marketing and administration purposes.
- Assist academic staff in accomplishing learning objectives.
The closing date for all applications will be Thursday 19 September 2019. Interview date to be confirmed.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.