Working patternPart Time
Salaryup to £14,259 dependent upon skills and experience plus a performance and retention payment of up to £1,500 pro rata
Closing date for applicationsFriday, 6 December 2019
Grantham College is looking for an Animal Care Lecturer to lead, support and develop our successful and expanding animal studies provision. The successful applicant will teach across a range of animal studies for a wide range of students.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Teaching, using an appropriate mix of traditional, e-learning and blended learning approaches, on a range of courses within the Animal Care curriculum area and support cross college initiatives.
- Taking responsibility for specific areas of work within the curriculum area including Course Leader role including supervision of the animal centre.
- Operating as an effective member of relevant course teams and to work closely with other areas.
- Carrying out administrative duties associated with teaching to a satisfactory standard and within established deadlines.
- Providing such returns or reports as may from time to time to required by the Head of Curriculum or College.
- To assist with the:
o Recruitment of students, including interviewing and enrolments;
o Marketing of the College provision through attendance at Careers Conventions, Open Days and other promotional events;
o Programmes of work experience and/or industrial and commercial liaison, including the organisation and monitoring of work experience placements.
The successful applicant will have:
- A NVQ 3, HND or degree or professional industry qualifications and extensive industry experience including vet nursing and animal husbandry.
- A teaching qualification (or working towards).
- The enthusiasm, drive and passion to implement curriculum developments.
- Excellent communications skills, be a team player and also be able to work on own initiative.
What we can offer you in return:
- A generous pension contribution
- A continued professional development programme
- An extensive employee discount package
- A holiday allowance which also includes closure days in December. Our closure days commence after 20 December 2019 returning on Monday 06 January 2020. We also have four closure days in April 2020.
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 6 December 2019. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 11 December 2019.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.