Working patternPart Time
Salaryup to £10,700 dependent upon skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsWednesday, 26 January 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Performing Arts Lecturer to join our Visual and Performing Arts department. This role is part time working 15 hours per week, 52 weeks on a fixed term contract until 31 August 2022.
The purpose of the role is to deliver the BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts. There may also be opportunities to deliver enrichment, evening classes, as well as weekend and holiday courses for both young people and adults.
The successful applicant must have:
- A degree or HND in the subject area and a teaching qualification or working towards
- Comprehensive knowledge in Musical Theatre, Dance, Singing, and other skills e.g. Devising Processes, Physical Theatre, Movement, Directing
- Knowledge and understanding of the health and safety issues concerning this type of work
- Ability to communicate and work effectively as part of a team as well as with young people and adults
- Ability to work efficiently and flexibly with excellent time management skills
- Experience of and skills in writing lesson plans, schemes of work and assessing work
The roles main duties include:
- To teach, using an appropriate mix of traditional, e-learning and blended learning approaches, on a range of courses within the curriculum area and across areas
- To take responsibility for specific areas of work within the curriculum area
- To operate as an effective member of relevant course teams and to work closely with other areas
- To carry out administrative duties associated with teaching
- To provide such returns or reports as may from time to time be required by the Head of Curriculum or College
- To assist in the recruitment of students, including interviewing and enrolments and the development of curriculum support materials.
What we offer you in return:
- An excellent pension scheme with an Employer Contribution of 23.68%
- A continued professional development programme of up to £750 per academic year
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 37 days for Academic employees
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
The closing date for all applications will be Wednesday 26 January 2022.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Download the Application Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.