Working patternPart Time
SalaryUp to £4401.54, per annum dependent on skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsMonday, 13 December 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Passenger Assistant to join our Daybreak team.
The purpose of the role is to provide a sensitive, customer-oriented Passenger Assistant service to Special Educational Needs (SEN) young people to ensure their safety and wellbeing whilst being transported to and from Daybreak at Grantham College.
The successful applicant must have:
- Knowledge of First Aid
- Ability to communicate clearly, tactfully and politely to clients, parents, staff and other stakeholders and colleagues
- Able to exercise initiative/calm in the event of an emergency situation
- Ability to be flexible with working patterns to meet unavoidable delays
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training
- Ability to undertake physical lifting of mobility equipment and assist those with walking difficulty when required including use (after training) of passenger tail lift.
What we offer you in return:
- An excellent pension scheme with an employer contribution 23.8 %
- A continued professional development programme
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 25 days for Support employees, this will increase to 29 days, after 5 years’ service
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme after one years service
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
- Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Monday 13 December 2021. Interviews will take place the week commencing 13 December 2021.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive we will only be able to contact candidates who have been selected for interview.
For a full application pack please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept CV’s by way of application or online application via other websites, you must complete a Grantham College application form.
All employment offers are subject to a self-funded satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The successful applicant will have a deduction of £44 taken from payroll.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification
Download the Application Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.