Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £31,535 per annum
Closing date for applicationsMonday, 20 December 2021
It is a particularly exciting time to join Grantham College’s Engineering team. New state-of-the-art facilities and equipment have recently opened. Engineering is at the centre of our new £2.6m Institute of Technology (IoT): a prestigious and high-quality centre delivering higher level technical education in Engineering and Digital, with a clear route to high-skilled employment. Grantham College will also open our new £2m Energy Centre for Engineering and Construction in 2022. The Centre will feature industry-standard equipment and act as a hub for employer-led courses in renewable energies, environmental technologies, manufacturing, and electronics.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering Assessor to join our expanding team at Grantham College to assess on a range of Engineering courses from Level 1 to 5.
Ideally you will possess: Engineering Trade Qualifications, a degree, or equivalent and ideally a full Teaching Qualification (DTLLS, Cert Ed or PGCE), however industry candidates can benefit from our teacher/assessor training programme.
What we offer you in return:
- • An excellent pension scheme with an Employer Contribution of 23.8 %
- • A continued professional development programme of up to £750 per academic year
- • A generous annual holiday allowance of 25 days for Support employees, this will increase to 29 days, after 5 years’ service
• Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
• Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Monday 10 January 2022.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification here.
Download the Application Form here.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form here.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders here.
Download the Privacy Notice here.