Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £35,495 dependent upon qualifications and experience Welcome Bonus: You will receive an initial welcome bonus of up to £1,000 which will be payable on successful completion of your six month probationary period Performance & Retention Bonus: up to £2,000 per academic year, for up to a maximum of three years subject to key performance indicators and continuity of service
Closing date for applicationsFriday, 4 February 2022
It is a particularly exciting time to join Grantham College’s Engineering team with new state-of-the-art equipment and facilities recently opening at the college. Engineering is at the centre of our new £2.6m Institute of Technology (IoT): a prestigious and high-quality centre delivering higher level technical education in Engineering and Digital, with a clear route to high-skilled employment. Grantham College will also open our new £2m Energy Centre for Engineering and Construction in 2022. The Centre will feature industry-standard equipment and act as a hub for employer-led courses in renewable energies, environmental technologies, manufacturing, and electronics.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineering Lecturer to join our expanding team at Grantham College to teach Levels 1 to 5 in Mechanical Engineering.
Ideally you will possess: Engineering Trade Qualifications, a degree, or equivalent and ideally a full Teaching Qualification (DTLLS, Cert Ed or PGCE), however industry candidates can benefit from our teacher training programme.
The Education and Training Foundation (ETF) has launched a new resource to support those beginning careers in Further Education (FE) teaching and training. The ‘Preparing for a career in FE teaching and training’ course is free to access on the FutureLearn platform. Further information is available: www.et-foundation.co.uk/news/etf-launches-free-course-for-those-starting-fe-teaching-careers/
What we offer you in return:
- A retention bonus to £2,000 each academic year, for up to a maximum of three years subject to key performance indicators and continuity of service
- An excellent pension scheme, Teachers’ Pension with an Employer Contribution of 23.68%
- A continued professional development programme of up to £750 per academic year
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 37 days for Academic employees
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
- Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 04 February 2022.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification
Download the Application Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.