Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £40,000 dependent upon qualifications and experience
Closing date for applicationsFriday, 21 January 2022
Performance & Retention Bonus: up to £5k bonus year one and another £5k bonus year two, performance and retention bonus.
The College have been successful in securing funding from the Greater Lincolnshire LEP (Local Enterprise Partnership) to create a multi-million-pound centre of excellence for sustainability and renewable energies. The project will transform our existing provision with industry-standard workshops, equipment, and digital learning spaces. The Energy Centre is planned for opening in March 2022. The new facilities will allow us to expand our provision and offer new Engineering and Construction courses in electrical installation, plumbing, gas fitting and renewable energies including solar, wind, and air source heating. Together with our Institute of Technology (planned for opening in July 2021), the Energy Centre marks a flagship investment by Grantham College in training for the jobs of the future.
We are currently looking for a Gas/Plumbing Lecturer and Assessor to join our expanding team at Grantham College to teach Levels 1, 2 & 3 in plumbing. This role is full time, 37 hours week, 52 weeks per year.
Ideally you will possess: Trade Qualifications, a degree, or equivalent and ideally a full Teaching Qualification (DTLLS, Cert Ed or PGCE), however industry candidates can benefit from our teacher/assessor training programme.
What we offer you in return:
- A performance and retention bonus up to £5,000 each academic year, for up to a maximum of two years subject to key performance indicators and continuity of service
- An excellent pension scheme with an Employer Contribution of 23.68%
- An extensive employee discount package
- A continued professional development programme of up to £750 per academic year
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 37 days for Academic employees plus bank holidays
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
- Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Friday 21 January 2022.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Download the Application Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.