Job numberJob Reference: FTL/12.2021
Working patternFull time
Salaryup to £22,174, per annum dependent on skills and experience
Closing date for applicationsMonday, 10 January 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Facilities Team Leader to join our Premises / Estates department. This is a full time role, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year – working days Monday to Friday, 2 days 6 am to 2.30 pm and 3 days 8.30 am to 5 pm, with a 4.30 pm finish on a Friday.
The purpose of the role is lead the facilities team in all aspects of maintenance, security and cleaning activities whilst working as part of the team in a hands on position. To liaise with contractors, create works schedules, procure quotations, procurement, ensure cleanliness of college premises & grounds. To be included on college out of hours key holding list.
The successful applicant must have:
- GCSE or equivalent (including Maths & English)
- A sound understanding of maintenance, security and cleaning services
- Statutory and regulatory requirements relating to estates and facilities
- The ability to manage a significant workload and work under pressure, being highly organised and proactive
- Strong problem-solving skills, demonstrating initiative with the ability to positively respond to change
- Successful team management
- Working with and understanding relevant Health & Safety and Premises legislation
What we offer you in return:
- An excellent pension scheme with an Employer Contribution of 23.8 %
- A continued professional development programme
- A generous annual holiday allowance of 25 days for Support employees, this will increase to 29 days, after 5 years’ service
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme after one years service
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
- Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Monday 10 January 2022. Interviews will take place on Friday 14 January 2022.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Download the Application Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.