Working patternPart Time
SalaryHourly paid rate of £19.53 and £2.36 holiday pay for unqualified FE / £22.01 plus £2.66 holiday pay for qualified FE
Closing date for applicationsSunday, 14 August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for BSL Lecturer (Level 1) to join our Health and Social Care department. The Level 1 BSL course will run from September for 32 weeks with 3 hours teaching per week.
The purpose of the role is to demonstrate a high-quality professional practice and provide quality teaching, learning and assessment at a variety of levels. Devise action plans and maintain appropriate records.
The successful applicant must have:
- Knowledge of delivering BSL level 1 and 2
- Working effectively in a team and with young people and adults
- Experience in the delivery of BSL
The roles main duties include:
- To teach, using an appropriate mix of traditional, e-learning and blended learning approaches, on a range of courses within the curriculum area and across areas.
- To take responsibility for specific areas of work within the curriculum area including course leadership if required.
- To support and embed the Study Programme
- To support the college and the team in preparation for the Education Inspection Framework
- To provide support and guidance to students.
- To operate as an effective member of relevant course teams and to work closely with other areas.
- To carry out administrative duties associated with teaching, including maintenance of registers, schemes of work, assessments, reports, course records and course evaluations to a satisfactory standard and within established deadlines.
- To ensure safe working practices are observed by yourself and others (including students) for whom you are responsible.
- To provide such returns or reports as required by the Head of Curriculum or College.
- To assist in the recruitment of students, including interviewing and enrolments.
What we offer you in return:
- An excellent pension scheme with an Employer Contribution of 23.68%
- A continued professional development programme of up to £750 per academic year
- A generous annual holiday allowance of:
- 37 days for Academic employees
- Family friendly policies, including up to 5 paid occasions for time off for dependants within a 12 month period, after the first year of service
- Five college closure days in December in addition to annual leave
The closing date for all applications will be Sunday 14 August 2022.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
Download the Application Form.
Download the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Form.
Download the Guidance Notes for the Application Form.
Download the Policy Statement for Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
Download the Privacy Notice here.