Tutors will organise guest speakers, visits, or even organise collaborations with local employers to widen students’ knowledge and enable them to learn lots of new skills. A few examples from this academic year include:
- Graphic Design students collaborating with the local Museum and creating their signage for displays.
- Both our Graphics and Art & Design students working with LNER to create work which brightens up local areas of Grantham.
- Travel and Tourism had local school students in to practise their skills at our check in desk and in our plane, Grantham Air.
- Media students filmed the local Chantry Dance Company promo trailer of their UK Ballet Tour of Alice in Wonderland.
- Hairdressing students had a day with Balmain Paris, where they were taught to apply hair extensions and how to maintain them.
- Applied Science students have been to The Deep and Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
- Catering students had a visit from Lovely Loaves, to show them how to bake bread to a professional standard.
- Business students successfully started their own company, The Little Letter Shop, making and selling keyrings and photo frames.
As part of your studies, you will take part in a minimum of one weeks work experience with a local employer linked to your subject area. More information about work experience.